Ensure that access is not blocked to the device. Preferable steps for Netinstall to work:
- Directly connect the Ethernet port of the device to the PC.
- Both devices on the same subnet.
- Disable the Windows firewall.
- Disable any antivirus programs.
- Make sure you press the reset button correct to bring the device to the Netinstall state.
- Disable all other interfaces on the PC leaving only the one connected to the device;
- Run netinstall.exe as administrator;
- Make sure the connection in Windows is set to Private;
- A fixed IP address;
- Win7 set compatibility mode for netinstall.exe to XPSP3;
- Try different Ethernet cable;
- Set parameter: System > Routerboard > Settings >Boot Device "try-ethernet-once-then-nand;
- Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
- Have the device connected through a switch to the computer, in rare cases, this can help to bypass hardware incompatibility.