Ensure that access is not blocked to the device. Preferable steps for Netinstall to work:
- Directly connect the Ethernet port of the device to the PC.
- Both devices are on the same subnet.
- Disable the Windows firewall.
- Disable any antivirus programs.
- Make sure you press the reset button correctly to bring the device to the Netinstall state.
- Disable all other interfaces on the PC leaving only the one connected to the device;
- Run netinstall.exe as administrator;
- Make sure the connection in Windows is set to Private;
- A fixed IP address;
- Win7 set compatibility mode for netinstall.exe to XPSP3;
- Try different Ethernet cables;
- Set parameter: System > Routerboard > Settings >Boot Device "try-ethernet-once-then-nand;
- Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
- Having the device connected through a switch to the computer, in rare cases, can help to bypass hardware incompatibility.
Issue: After clicking the Install button, the status shows "ready" without performing the reinstallation process.
Solution: Restart the Netinstall application, if not helping restart your PC.
Issue: After pressing the reset button on the device and powering it on, the device is not showing up on Netinstall.
Solution: Press the reset button right after delivering power to the device. In this case, the backup bootloader will not be forced - in case it's damaged.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.