Before you work on any equipment, be aware of the hazards involved with electrical circuitry, and be familiar with standard practices for preventing accidents.
Ultimate disposal of this product should be handled according to all national laws and regulations.
The Installation of the equipment must comply with local and national electrical codes.
This unit is intended to be installed in the rackmount. Please read the mounting instructions carefully before beginning installation. Failure to use the correct hardware or to follow the correct procedures could result in a hazardous situation to people and damage to the system.
This product is intended to be installed indoors. Keep this product away from water, fire, humidity, or hot environments.
Use only the power supply and accessories approved by the manufacturer, which can be found in the original packaging of this product.
Read the installation instructions before connecting the system to the power source.
We cannot guarantee that no accidents or damage will occur due to the improper use of the device. Please use this product with care and operate at your own risk!
In the case of device failure, please disconnect it from power. The fastest way to do so is by unplugging the power plug from the power outlet.
It is the customer's responsibility to follow local country regulations, including operation within legal frequency channels, output power, cabling requirements, and Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) requirements. All Mikrotik devices must be professionally installed.
- Download the latest SwitchOS software version from https://mikrotik.com/download;
- Connect your computer to any of the ethernet ports;
- Connect the device to the power source;
- Set the IP address of your computer to 192.168.88.3;
- Open your Web browser, the default management IP address is 192.168.88.1, with the username admin and no password (or, for some models, check user and wireless passwords on the sticker);
- Upload the file with the web browser to the Upgrade tab, the device will reboot after an upgrade;
- Set up your password to secure the device.
The device accepts power from the power jack or from the AC source.
- Direct-input power jack (5.5mm outside and 2mm inside, female, pin positive plug) accepts 48-57V DC.
- AC input:
Nominal voltage 54 V.
Nominal current 2.8 A.
AC input range 100-240 V.
- Max power consumption (without attachments) 12 W.
- Max power consumption 162 W.
- PoE-out 802.3af/at and passive PoE-out.
- Smart PoE Controller.
- PoE-out ports Ether1-Ether8, max out per port output (input < 30 V): 1000 mA.
- max out per port output (input > 30 V): 625 mA.
- Total output power 140 W.
Connecting to a PoE Adapter:
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the device to the PoE+DATA port of the PoE adapter.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your local network (LAN) to the PoE adapter.
- Connect the power cord to the adapter, and then plug the power cord into a power outlet.
The power supply will be determined by a device and given the appropriate Voltage if it's low the LED will light Green if the requirement is the high LED will light red, and none when no power is required for the client device.
SwOS includes many configuration options in addition to what is described in this document. We suggest starting here to get yourself accustomed to the possibilities: https://mt.lv/help.
For recovery purposes, it is possible to boot the device for reinstallation, see section Buttons and Jumpers.
First-time configuration https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/SwOS/CSS610;
The device upgrade https://mt.lv/upgrade;
Extension slots and ports
- Product code CSS610-8P-2S+IN.
- A number of 1G Ethernet ports 8.
- A number of 10G SFP+ ports 2.
- Switch chip model 88E6193X.
- Dimensions 272 x 216 x 50 mm.
- Operating temperature -40°C to +70°C.
Please visit wiki pages for the MikroTik SFP module compatibility table: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik_SFP_module_compatibility_table
The device is designed to use indoors and it can be mounted in a rackmount enclosure using provided rack mounts, or it can be placed on the desktop. Use a Phillips screwdriver to attach rackmount ears on both sides of the device if designated use is for rackmount enclosure:
- Attach rack ears to both sides of the device and tighten four screws to secure them in place, as shown in the picture.
- Place the device in a rackmount enclosure and align with the holes so that the device fits conveniently.
- Tighten screws to secure it in place.
The device has no protection from water contamination, please ensure the placement of the device in a dry and ventilated environment.
The mounting and configuration of this device should be done by a qualified person. We recommend using Cat6 cables for our devices.
Buttons and Jumpers
Hold this button during boot time until the LED light starts to flash. Release the button to reset SwOS configuration and load backup software for reinstallation and upgrade.
Operating system support
This device runs SwOS, which is the only supported OS for this device.
To avoid pollution of the environment, please separate the device from household waste and dispose of it in a safe manner, such as at designated waste disposal sites. Familiarize yourself with the procedures for the proper transportation of the equipment to the designated disposal sites in your area.
Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FCC Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This unit was tested with shielded cables on the peripheral devices. Shielded cables must be used with the unit to ensure compliance.
Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
This device contains license-exempt transmitter(s)/receiver(s) that comply with Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada’s license-exempt RSS(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference. (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
L’émetteur/récepteur exempt de licence contenu dans le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d’Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L’exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes : 1) L’appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage; 2) L’appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d’en compromettre le fonctionnement.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe [B] est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
CAN ICES-003 (B) / NMB-003 (B)
(EN) Technical Specifications / (DE) Technische Spezifikationen / (FR) Spécifications techniques/ (IT) Specifiche tecniche / (ES) Especificaciones técnicas / (RU) Технические характеристики:
|(EN) Product Power Input Options|
(DE) Produkt Stromquellen Optionen
(FR) Options d'entrée d'alimentation du produit
(IT) Opzioni di ingresso alimentazione del prodotto
(ES) Opciones de entrada de energía del producto
(RU) Варианты входной мощности продукта
|(EN) IP class of the enclosure|
(DE) IP-Klasse des Gehäuses
(FR) Classe IP du boîtier
(IT) Classe IP della custodia
(ES) Clase de IP del recinto
(RU) Класс защиты корпуса IP
|(EN) Operating Temperature|
(FR) température de fonctionnement
(IT) temperatura di esercizio
(ES) Temperatura de funcionamiento
(RU) Рабочая Температура
AC input (100 - 240 V AC)
DC Jack (48 - 57 V DC)