Before you work on any equipment, be aware of the hazards involved with electrical circuitry, and be familiar with standard practices for preventing accidents.
Ultimate disposal of this product should be handled according to all national laws and regulations.
The Installation of the equipment must comply with local and national electrical codes.
This unit is intended to be installed in the rackmount. Please read the mounting instructions carefully before beginning installation. Failure to use the correct hardware or to follow the correct procedures could result in a hazardous situation to for people and damage to the system.
This product is intended to be installed indoors. Keep this product away from water, fire, humidity, or hot environments.
Use only the power supply and accessories approved by the manufacturer, and which can be found in the original packaging of this product.
Read the installation instructions before connecting the system to the power source.
We cannot guarantee that no accidents or damage will occur due to the improper use of the device. Please use this product with care and operate at your own risk!
In the case of device failure, please disconnect it from power. The fastest way to do so is by unplugging the power plug from the power outlet.
It is the customer's responsibility to follow local country regulations, including operation within legal frequency channels, output power, cabling requirements, and Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) requirements. All Mikrotik devices must be professionally installed.
- Make sure your ISP is allowing hardware change and will automatically issue an IP address.
- Connect your ISP cable to the first Ethernet port.
- Connect your PC to any of the Ethernet ports.
- Connect the device to the power source.
- Use a Web browser or WinBox to connect to the default IP address of 192.168.88.1 from any port, with the username admin and no password(or, for some models, check user and wireless passwords on the sticker).
- If IP is not available, download WinBox from our webpage and use it to connect through MAC address.
- Update RouterOS software to the latest version, and make sure that the device has an internet connection.
- If the device does not have an internet connection update software by downloading the latest version from our webpage https://mikrotik.com/download
- Find the latest software and choose your packages.
- To get the architecture type of your device model, open WinBox, WebFig go to (System/Resources).
- Download packages to the PC and upload them to the WinBox, WebFig, (Files) menu, and reboot the device.
- Set up your password to secure the device.
Once logged in, we recommend clicking the "Check for updates" button in the QuickSet menu, as updating your RouterOS software to the latest version ensures the best performance and stability. For wireless models, please make sure you have selected the country where the device will be used, to conform with to local regulations.
RouterOS includes many configuration options in addition to what is described in this document. We suggest starting here to get yourself accustomed to the possibilities: https://mt.lv/help. In case an IP connection is not available, the Winbox tool (https://mt.lv/winbox) can be used to connect to the MAC address of the device from the LAN side (all access is blocked from the Internet port by default).
For recovery purposes, it is possible to boot the device for reinstallation, see section Buttons and jumpers.
- Find the designed mounting holes on both sides of the device, as shown in the picture;
- Use provided screws to secure the device to the wall;
- Based on the wall material you can use a drill bit and provided dowels.
- Release the button when the green LED starts flashing, to reset the RouterOS configuration to defaults.
- Release the button after LED is no longer lit (~20 seconds) to cause a device to look for Netinstall servers (required for reinstalling RouterOS over the network).
- Hidden Green LED behind the Reset button is a USER LED
- Blue LED 1 is the DC1 Power LED
- Blue LED 2 is the DC2 Power LED
- Green SFP+ LED is an SFP+ port link and activity LED
- Ethernet RJ45 Green LEDs are Ethernet port link and activity LEDs
- Ethernet RJ45 Port 1 Orange LED is PoE-in status LED
- Ethernet RJ45 Port 2-8 Orange LEDs are unused on this model
Please visit wiki pages for the MikroTik SFP module compatibility table: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik_wired_interface_compatibility
To avoid pollution of the environment, please separate the device from household waste and dispose of it in a safe manner, such as in at designated waste disposal sites. Familiarize yourself with the procedures for the proper transportation of the equipment to the designated disposal sites in your area.
FCC Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate this equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Note: This unit was tested with shielded cables on the peripheral devices. Shielded cables must be used with the unit to ensure compliance.
Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada
This device complies with Industry Canada's license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d'Industrie Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L'exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes: (1) l'appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage, et (2) l'utilisateur de l'appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d'en compromettre le fonctionnement.
|Information contained here is subject to change. Please visit the product page on www.mikrotik.com for the most up-to-date version of this document.|