Items needed for the setup:
1) A Mikrotik device with a USB or RS232 port;
2) USB or RS232 cable;
3) APC UPS with a USB port.
Connecting and configuring the device.
- Connect your MikroTik device with your computer;
- Connect a USB or RS232 cable from your MikroTik device to your APC UPS;
- Go to System > Packages, check if UPS package is installed, if not, you can find the packages on https://www.mikrotik.com/download;
- Go to System > UPS, click add button;
- Enter the name of the UPS;
- Select port;
- Set offline time and min run time, depending on the device model;
- Set the preferred alarm setting.
Configuring alarm monitor.
- Go to System > Logging and choose Actions tab, click, add button;
- Add a name, type: email, add preferred e-mail address;
- Select the Rules tab, click add;
- Choose Topics: UPS, select Action: email.
Related articles appear here based on the labels you select. Click to edit the macro and add or change labels.