Before attempting, please read manual:
Items needed for the setup:
1) Mikrotik Device with a USB or RS232 port.
2) USB or RS232 Cable.
3) APC UPS with a USB port.
Connecting and configuring the device.
- Connect your MikroTik device with your Computer;
- Connect a USB or RS232 cable from your MikroTik device to your APC UPS;
- Go to System > Packages, check if UPS package is installed, if not, you can find the packages on https://www.mikrotik.com/download;
- Go to System > UPS, click add button;
- Enter the name of the UPS;
- Select port;
- Set Offline time and min run time, depending on the device model;
- Set the preferred alarm setting;
Configuring alarm monitor.
- Go to System > Logging and choose Actions tab;
- Click, add button;
- Add a name, type: email, add preferred e-mail address;
- Select the Rules tab, click add;
- Choose Topics: UPS, select Action: email;
To configure email, please read https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Tools/email