This device is a 10 Gigabit SFP+ switch, powered by RouterOS. It features two redundant DC inputs. The device has four SFP+ cages (modules are not included) for high-performance 10GbE connectivity (1.25 Gbit modules are also supported) and a 1GbE copper port for management. The device is ready to use as a switch.
The default configuration is Switch:
*all interfaces switched;
The Default configuration, Switch mode all interfaces are switched; LAN Configuration.
All ports bridged with IP 192.168.88.1/24 set on the bridge.
- Place on the flat surface
- (see “Mounting”).
- Connect your PC to any Ethernet port.
- Connect the power adapter to the DC jack.
- Set IP for you PC to 192.168.88.2
- The Initial connection has to be done via the Ethernet cable, using the MikroTik Winbox utility or Web
- Use Winbox or Web browser to connect to the default IP address of 192.168.88.1 from any port, with the
username admin and no password
- We recommend clicking the
- “Check for
- updates” button and updating your
- RouterOS software to the latest
version to ensure the best performance and stability. The device needs to have an active internet
- To manually update the device go to our webpage and download the latest software version packages.
- Open Winbox and upload them to the Files menu.
- Reboot the device.
- Set up your password to secure the device.
This device is designed for use indoors by placing it on the flat surface or mounting on the wall when mounting on the wall, please ensure that cable feed is pointing downwards. We recommend using Cat5/6 shielded cable for our devices. The IP rating scale for this device is IPX0.
RouterOS includes many configuration options in addition to what is described in this document. We suggest starting here to get yourself accustomed to the possibilities: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CRS3xx_series_switches.
The Initial connection has to be done via the Ethernet cable, using the MikroTik Winbox utility. Winbox should be used to connect to the default IP address of 192.168.88.1 from any port, with the username admin and no password.
For recovery purposes, it is possible to reinstal reinstall the device from the network, see the Reset button.
In case the IP connection is not available, the Winbox tool (https://mt.lv/winbox) can also be used to connect to the MAC address of the device. Applies only when the device has booted RouterOS.
Package includes the following accessories that come with the device:
come with the device:
Please visit wiki pages for MikroTik SFP module compatibility table: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik_SFP_module_compatibility_table
For more information about this product, specification and pictures please visit our web page: https://mikrotik.com/product/crs305_1g_4s_in
Operating system support
The device supports dual boot SwOS software version 2.9 and RouterOS v6. The specific factory-installed version number is indicated in the RouterOS menu /system resource. Other operating systems have not been tested.
Electric shock hazard. This equipment is to be serviced by trained personnel only.